To continue the herbaceousness of the season, this cocktail is a take on the traditional mule. Starting to bring in the soon seasonal citrus, and using a sprig of fragrant rosemary, this drink is both refreshing but floral-y.
Grapefruit Rosemary Mule
Adapted from DomesticateMe’s recipe
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice (That’s about ½ a grapefruit.) *I used a grapefruit flavored carbonated water
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces chilled ginger beer
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sliced grapefruit (optional)
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and ginger beer, and stir to combine. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary and grapefruit slices and serve.
This week’s outfit is a little more sophisticated to go along with the crisp complex flavor profile of this cocktail.