The inspiration for this next piece came from my best friend, Susan. We were perusing my fabric stash, and I was concerned that this fabric was no longer relevant. I’ve had it for several years, and was going to make PD piece #2 with a full skirt in it. Susan took one look at it, and suggested the only thing to do with it was a bathing suit cover-up, only for the fact that to her lining it would be a pain in the ass.
While lining a garment is not a big deal to me, making a cover-up was a genius suggestion. Fast and easy. The texture of the fabric lent itself best to a basic trapeze shape. So, I did a quick sketch.
This is coming together pretty quickly. As I’m sewing this piece, I am really happy I decided to go this route. This fabric is not easy to sew. It’s slippery, and hard to line up due to the pleating. I had just enough pieces of fabric to put this together, but I’m a little concerned about the length. I’ll be hemming it this week.so we’ll see how it goes.